Does your Company have a problem in recruiting the right person for the right chair? If yes, try this simple experiment.
Put around 100 bricks in some particular order in a closed room with an
open window. Then send 2-3 candidates into the room and close it from outside.
Leave them alone and come back after 6 hours, and then analyze the situation:
1) If they are counting and recounting the number of bricks
- PUT THEM IN ACCOUNTS DEPT.
2) If they have messed up the whole place with the bricks
- PUT THEM IN THE ENGINEERING
3) If they are arranging the bricks in some other order
- PUT THEM IN PLANNING.
4) If they are throwing the bricks at each other
- PUT THEM IN OPERATIONS.
5) If they are sleeping
- PUT THEM IN SECURITY.
6) If t hey have broken the bricks into pieces
- PUT THEM IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
7) If they are staring out of the window
- PUT THEM IN THE EXPORT
8) If they are sitting idle
- PUT THEM IN HUMAN RESOURCE DEPT.
9) If they have thrown the bricks out of the window
- PUT THEM IN THE MATERIALS DEPT.
10) If they are clinging onto the bricks
- PUT THEM IN TREASURY.
11) If they say they have tried different combinations, yet not a brick has moved
- PUT THEM IN SALES.
12) If they have already left for the day
- PUT THEM IN MARKETING.
AND last but not least....
13) If they are talking to each other and not a brick has moved
- PUT THEM IN TOP MANAGEMENT